J E Bradburn
Tyndale: "But now we know; Hebrew texts were fairly good, that the Greek was not the earliest and contained many errors, and the Latin versions were quite corrupt” as shown in http://godsplan.org.uk/spiritualman.htm.
In 1604, the year after his coronation, King James 1st called a conference to examine into “things pretended to be amiss in the church.” Because of “the most corrupted translation” in the Prayer Book, James, himself an earnest Bible student, became interested in a proposal for re-translation. Confusion in the use of versions had arisen and additional sources and better knowledge of Greek and Hebrew were now available. Accordingly fifty-four noted scholars, representing all phases of belief, were appointed to make the best version possible. Working in sections, and using the Bishop’s Bible as a foundation, and consulting all possible text, they collaborated harmoniously and skilfully.
In 1611 the masterpiece appeared, called “the noblest and most beautiful book in the world.” Everywhere one meets comments like this “A monumental work,” “A book which, if everything else in our language should perish, would alone suffice to show the whole extent of its beauty and power.” By the middle of the century it had displaced the Bishop’s Bible in churches, and the Geneva Bible in homes. For two hundred and fifty years it held undisputed sway in English-speaking countries. Even to-day it is the best seller, notwithstanding more recent versions and the popularity of other reading.
Secret of its Excellence. What is the secret?
A few of Wycliffe’s phrases are here, Tyndale is largely responsible for it, Coverdale put his delicate touch on it, the sturdy tone of the Geneva text and the Latinisms of the Rhemish Testament modified certain sentences. Behind it are the world’s profoundest religious TRUTHS, uttered by the Hebrews, in concrete, vivid, figurative expression. All was cast into a crucible heated hot with religious fervour, with the zest of a new intellectual awakening, a new freedom of the individual, a new national loyalty. Out of it came this book, so simple, direct, and suggestive in language, so beautiful and resonant in rhythm, so majestic and inspiring in tone so that as literature many claim that it surpasses the original.
No one influence has been so great in the life of English-speaking people, religiously, morally, socially, or politically (= of the people), as has this version. It still holds its own in many homes and pulpits. So why was there any attempt to displace it?
Reasons for the Revised Version.
By the middle of the 19th century a great intellectual change was taking place. Science and historical research had brought a new world of learning; in other words “Biblical criticism” had come, and scholars felt it time for a new translation. About seventy-five Greek and Hebrew scholars from England (Ephraim) and America (Manasseh) assumed the task. In 1881 the N.T was published—1883 the O.T., and in 1901 an American edition embodying readings deemed preferable by the American members of the committee.
The fruit of familiarity minus understanding is boredom, the fruit of no reading at all is disregard; moreover, the shift is not yet popularly made from a Bible every word considered sacred, to a Bible held as a guiding star because showing the development of religious thought. Thus active personal regard for it is ceasing in many homes and schools, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/apostasytogodskingdom.htm and so extensive is the ignorance that a nation-wide movement for religious education has been inaugurated. Also the popular mind is inexorably being stretched in two directions, to compass an international world where nations remote in miles have become political and commercial neighbours and to compass in understanding ancient historic cultures. In other words; (THE ONE WORLD SYSTEM OF SATAN). http://www.godsplan.org.uk/oneworldsystemwithout_God2.htm
The latter has lagged while the former has progressed, and biblical students in old civilisations have been searching for the means to break the spell of indifference to the Bible. Awakened to the importance of its message in helping to solve the problems of our day, even as were Wycliffe and Teasdale for theirs, they want the people once more to become familiar with its literature.
The KJV (King James Version) Companion Bible contains a core of foundational truths, and together with the Strong’s Concordance has brought stability to Biblical understanding, and to our daily lives. The Scriptures clearly teach these truths but alas; only to those hungrily seeking for such truths.
The KJV Companion Bible and the Strong’s Concordance are the basic tools; revealing for you the truth laid out in God’s perfect Word. The Companion Bible is the Authorised Version of 1611, and contains the Structures, as well as Critical Explanatory, and Suggestive notes: It also includes 198 Appendixes both By E.W Bullinger.
The human element is excluded, as far as possible, so that the reader may realise that the pervading object of the book is not merely to enable him to interpret the Bible, but to make the Bible the interpreter of God’s Word, and Will, to Him. To the same end this Edition is not associated with the name of any man; so that its usefulness may neither be influenced nor limited by any such consideration; but that it may commend itself, on its own merits, to the whole English speaking race.
It is not a New Translation.
It is not an amended Translation.
It is not a Commentary.
Jesus Christ, as the "word" of God, left the realm, became a perfect man, and died a ransom for all. This one important sentence reveals God’s Plan to rebuild His creation after the fall from grace of Adam and Eve. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/book1.htm
I Tim. 2:6 Who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
God’s justice is inviolate. It does not compromise. For all eternity it will require the forfeited life of one human being and of the potential race within him. Therefore, there was only ONE way to release Adam and his race from death. A SUBSTITUTE must be provided. That substitute would be “the MAN Christ Jesus, who gave himself; A RANSOM (substitute) FOR ALL, to be testified IN DUE TIME.”
Heb. 2:9 But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour, that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
He was exalted to Divine Power and now sits at the right hand of the Father in heaven, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/stars.htm and will; in his second advent, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm. restore all men to Edenic perfection http://godsplan.org.uk/messianicage.htm The Edenic era is the millennium period when all will be changed into our spiritual bodies, letting go of our physical bodies.
Acts 3:20 – 21
20. And He shall send Jesus Christ, Which before was preached unto you:
A SUBSTITUTE (for Adam) must be provided. That substitute would be “the MAN Christ Jesus”
21. Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began.
Satan and his followers seem to be having it all their own way at the moment with evil all around us; but they will get their share when Our Lord Jesus Christ appears at the sound of the Seventh trump.
I Pet. 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people, that ye should show for the praises of Him Who hath called you out of darkness into His marvellous light.
We learned from the last study on the Ten Lost Tribes, how the 'house of Judah' also followed after the false worship of her sister, the 'house of Israel', and God removed Judah also from among His Presence in Jerusalem, the place where He chose to put His Name (I Kings 11:36). That the 'house of Israel' returned from Assyrian captivity in the land of Halah and Habor by the river Gozan is not written in God's Word (II Kings 15-17). And even since those other names of the ten tribes are not associated with being in Jerusalem thereafter, except during the final return of Shiloh (Christ), then who are we to believe, God or man? (See Rev.7; Jer.23). http://www.godsplan.org.uk/full_ten_Tribes.htm
John. 6:44. No man can come to ME, except the Father Which hath sent Me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.
John 6:37. All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out.
Those thus drawn are defined in verse 37.
1. I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
This is Paul really stressing what needs to be done by us in preparation to meet our Father. No half measures here, but a complete change of lifestyle for the better.
2. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Conforming to this world means to accept the debilitating demise of Christianity and following the majority into chaos and apostasy. We need to stand our ground, and swim against the tide; even unto death, as did the Prophets, and servants of God before. What do we make of the statement in,
1 Cor. 15:50-56: Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption.
Does this mean that we will be spirits? That only certain people will go to heaven? The expression “flesh and blood” occurs only five times in the New Testament. We need to clarify our definition of its meaning from the overall teachings. If we examine the following references, we see the writers are often speaking of 'flesh and blood” as being synonymous with “fallen man”, just as it is of the physical body. If you substitute the words fallen man, unregenerate in the place of “flesh and blood”); we can understand better what Paul is conveying.
12. if we suffer, we shall also reign with Him: If we deny Him, He also will deny us:
You really need to be in the spiritual mind to fully understand this verse. If we die in the name of Jesus, or because of our belief in Jesus, then our souls are free to live with Christ to attain the Divine nature as its destiny. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/humandestinyandhistory.htm But the physical body returns to the dust. “Eccles 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.’’
II Pet. 1:3. According as His Divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him That hath called us to glory and virtue.
Through the diligent study of God’s Word, the Holy Spirit leads us to understanding in the knowledge of God’s Plan in the Holy Scriptures. Since God our Father has called us; it is the duty of all those called to lead by example to inherit the glory and virtue. If you understand these verses then it is time for you to get to work.
I John 3:1-2.
1. Behold what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew Him not.
Look at what the Father has bestowed on us. He loves us so much that He calls us sons of God, what an honour: But people who do not believe in God will not acknowledge Christians because if they accepted God then they would be morally bound to Him, and would have to change their wicked ways.” The world knoweth us not, because it knew God not.’’
2. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is.
When Christ returns to Earth at his second advent http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm it will be on the sound of the seventh trumpet when we will all be changed “in the twinkling of an eye.’’ instantly into our spiritual bodies, and we shall see Christ our Lord as He is.
Gal. 3:8. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham saying, “In thee shall all nations be blessed with faithful Abraham.”
Did you realize that the Promise, which GOD ‘preached unto Abraham’, was The Gospel of Christ? It concerns Gentiles; and it was revealed unto His holy Apostles and prophets by the Spirit; that the Gentiles should be joint – heirs, and a joint body, and [joint partakers] of the promise in Christ through the gospel.
Gal 3:29. And if ye be Christ’s, then are ye Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.
We cannot know the whole purpose of God keeping this concealed all through the ages, but one thing we can clearly see, viz…That had God made it known before, Israel would of necessity have had an excuse for rejecting the Messiah and His Kingdom.
I Cor. 6:2. Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?
As to ourselves, the question of, “who is in the secret?’’ does not arise. For we are not to suppose that all who do not know of it are “lost’’.
19. For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
One thing we know, and that is it is made known for the … “Obedience of Faith.’’ Rom 16:26 it is a subsequent revelation; and the question is, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/faith.htm do we believe it and obey it by acting according to it?
20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him Who hath subjected the same in Hope.
We are the creatures made subject to vanity through the disobedience of Adam and Eve, and as by one man’s sin we die; by one man’s crucifixion do we live in hope of the resurrection, and life everlasting. Amen.
21. Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
… I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in Me, though he were dead yet shall he live. And whosoever believeth in Me shall never die.
Gen. 22:15-17 (KJV)
15 And the angel of the Lord called unto Abraham out of heaven the second time,
16 And said, “By myself have I sworn,’ saith the Lord, ‘for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:’
17 ‘That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;’”
Abraham had several Divine revelations made to him. Even his call Gen11 he was a “Righteous man’’. In Chap 12 he believed God concerning His promises of the future. In Chap 13 He believed God concerning the Promised Land, but in Chap 15 God made a further revelation concerning the seed, which He would give him; and it is written, Abraham believed in the LORD and it was counted (or imputed) unto him for righteousness. Even so; with ourselves and the subsequent revelation of the mystery in the prison Epistles, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/paulineepistles.htm let us believe it and we may be sure that it will be counted unto us for something, for some blessing, which those who refuse to believe it will lose.
I Tim. 4:10. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, Who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for His name.
15 And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written,
16 “After that I will return, and will build the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up.”
17 “That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom My name is called, saith the Lord,` Who doeth all these things.”
5. “For unto the angels hath He not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.”
6. But one in a certain place testified, saying, “What is man, that thou art mindful of him? Or the Son of Man, that thou visitest Him?”
7. “Thou madest Him a little lower than the angels; Thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set Him over the works of thy hands:”
8. “Thou hast put all things in subjection under His feet.” “For in that He put all in subjection under Him, He left nothing that is put under Him.”
9. “But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour, that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man.”
This was God’s purpose, not the angels, but man, to have dominion. (v 5, 6,) man’s equipment for the dominion. (v 7, 8,) First Adams failure. (v 8). Purpose fulfilled in the Lord Jesus. (v 9).
I John 2:2. And He is propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.
In Christian theology, propitiation is the work of Jesus Christ on the stake, by which He fulfills the wrath of God (propitiation: - both an emotional response of anger and a moral response of indignation), and conciliates Him who would otherwise be offended by our sin and would demand that we pay the penalty for it. The concept of propitiation is associated in some Christian theological systems with indemnity, imputed righteousness, and substitutionary atonement. All who then refuse the righteousness of God will cease to exist forever, dying the "second death."
22. For Moses truly said unto the fathers, “A prophet shall the LORD your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; Him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever He shall say unto you.
This is Moses talking to the Pharisees about God’s Plan to raise up to them Christ our Lord, and Moses is telling them in no uncertain terms that they will listen, and take on-board all what Christ will say to them or else.
23. And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear the Prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.
Never be afraid of man, or Satan, or his followers; they can destroy the body, but only God can destroy the soul.
14. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
15. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
The Millennium is the 1,000-year judgment day during which men will be restored and judged by Jesus and His Church, that whosoever will, may attain eternal life. This is the crux of the whole Word of God; and many will miss this opportunity by turning their backs on God and go a whoring instead with the spurious messiah who comes first on the sound of the sixth trump, simply because they have not bothered to check God’s Word out for themselves; preferring instead to let other false prophets do their thinking for them.
Rev. 22:17 “And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.”
Rev 20:6 “Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with Him a thousand years.”
Acts 17:31 “Because He hath appointed a day, In the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that Man Whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.” http://godsplan.org.uk/greattribulation2.htm
I Cor. 6:2 “Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?”
II Pet. 3:8 “But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing. that one day is with the LORD as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.”
Israel will be restored to its homeland in fulfilment of prophecy http://www.godsplan.org.uk/full_ten_Tribes.htm
14. “Therefore, behold, the days come,’ saith the LORD, ‘that it shall no more be said, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt;’”
15. “But, The LORD liveth, that brought up the children of Israel from the land of the north, and from all the lands whither He had driven them: and I will bring them again into their land that I gave unto their fathers. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Bereshith.htm
16. Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the LORD, and they shall fish them; and after I shall send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks.
17. For Mine eyes are upon all their ways: they are not hid from My face, neither is there iniquity hid from Mine eyes.
18. And first I will recompense their iniquity and their sin double; because they have defiled My land, they have filled Mine inheritance with the carcases of their detestable and abominable things.
Although God dispersed all twelve tribes 10 of Israel, and 2 of Judea, He is well aware where they all are at this moment in time in relation to the world. The lost ten tribes will explain all.
14. And I will bring again the captivity of My People of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.
15. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.
What a wonderful new earth age to look forward to in comparison to this one. And all will, under the New Covenant, become the earthly source of blessings during God’s Kingdom on earth.
2. And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the LORDS house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
See Rev. 21: A new heaven and a new earth...
3. And many people shall go and say, “Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the LORD, to the house of the God of Jacob; and He will teach us of His ways, and we will walk in His paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the LORD from Jerusalem
This is referring to the Millennium reign of Christ on earth. http://godsplan.org.uk/messianicage.htm
4. And He shall judge among the nations, and shall rebuke many people: and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war anymore.
We are still in the Millennium here, (Future) with Christ as KING of Kings and LORD of Lords. ‘Swords’ are put for all types of armament, and ‘plowshares’ as implements of peace. The last part of this verse is very important. When Christ returns to start His reign, there will be no more war among the nations. Armageddon will be fought by God, as Hamongog will also.
5. O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
God’s people are children of the light, not darkness. 1Thess.5. God is that light where there are only clear paths easily seen by those who love Him.
20. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities:
21. And the inhabitants of one city shall go to another, saying, “ Let us go speedily to pray before the LORD, and to seek the LORD of hosts: I will go also.’’
22. Yea, many people and strong nations shall come to seek the LORD of hosts in Jerusalem, and to pray before the LORD.
23. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; “In those days it shall come to pass, that ten men shall take hold of the skirt of him that is a Jew, saying, “We will go with you: for we have heard that God is with you.’’’’
the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house
of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
32. “Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which My covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them,” saith the LORD:
33. “But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD,’ ‘I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be My people.’”
34. And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, “Know the LORD: for they shall all know Me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.”
Everyone will know and want to be with God except those few who do not; and they will be dealt with. All these prophecies point to the fact that the Bible is an accurate time-keeping instrument which informs us in all certainty of our location on the stream of prophetic time, showing that we are in the "harvest" of the Christian age, on the very threshold of the peaceable kingdom. In Western civilization, these parables formed the prototype for the term parable and in the modern age, even among those who know little of the Bible, the parables of Jesus remain some of the best known stories in the world.
Matthew 13:30 – 39 (Parable of the wheat and tares.)
30. Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of the harvest, I will say to the reapers, “Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into the barn.
31. Another parable put He forth unto them, saying, “The kingdom of
heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his
32. Which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is
the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air
come and lodge in the branches thereof.’’
If you have enough faith; even as a mustard seed, it will grow.
33. Another parable spake He unto them; “The kingdom of heaven is like unto leaven, which a woman took, and hid in three measures of meal, till the whole was leavened.’’
34. All these things spake Jesus unto the multitude in parables; and
without a parable spake he not unto them:
35. That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying,
“I will open my mouth in parables; I will utter things which have been kept
secret from the foundation of the world.’’
36. Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and
His disciples came unto Him, saying, “Declare unto us the parable of the tares
of the field.”
37. He answered and said unto them, “He that soweth the good seed is
the Son of man;
38. The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the
kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39. The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
And he also likened it to leaven implying that as men get mixed with it, corruption can arise. Leaven was spoken of metaphorically by Jesus and Paul to symbolize the doctrine of men being mixed with the doctrine of God, thereby corrupting it: http://www.godsplan.org.uk/parables.htm
Matt 13:10 And the disciples came, and said unto Him, “Why speakest Thou unto
them in parables?
Matt 13; 11 He answered and said unto them, “ Because
it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to
them it is not given. Therefore
speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing
they hear not, neither do they understand. Lest at any time they
should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand
with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them."
Matt 13:12 “For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.”
Matt 13: 13 “Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.”
Matt 13:14. And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, “By hearing ye shall hear, and not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:”
Matt 13:15. “For this peoples heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.” (Sound familiar?)
Matt 13:16. “But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears for they hear.”
Matt 13:17 For verily I say unto you, “That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.”
32 Now learn a parable
of the fig tree1;
fig tree 2. “When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know
that summer is nigh:’
33 ‘So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.’”
34 Verily I say unto you, “This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.”
35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but My words shall not pass away.
Allowing the Bible to interpret itself, we intend to proclaim the truth as revealed in the Word of Godsplan without regard to creeds, traditions, or personal preferences. We welcome correspondence from you, and always hope to encourage personal, thoughtful, Bible study.