God is in Control.
Job 12:10 In whose hand is the soul of every living thing, and the breath of all mankind.
"God controls the government of the universe," said Calvin. "No wind ever arises or increases except by God's express command." Further, "since angels are the powers of God, it follows that they never cease from their office of working. For God never can rest: he sustains the world by his energy, he governs everything however minute, so that not even a sparrow falls to the ground without his decree.
Matthew 10:29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? And one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
Even one sparrow cannot fall dead to the floor without the father’s knowledge or will. God works continually by angels so that all creatures are animated by angelic motion: not that there is a conversion of the angel into an ox or a man, but because God exerts and diffuses his energy in a secret manner, so that no creature is content with his own peculiar vigour, but is animated by angels themselves." Martin Luther, as usual more pithy and direct, took seriously the psalmist's statement that the wind has wings. After a particularly severe and violent storm, he offered his opinions on the subject: "The devil provokes such storms, but good winds are produced by good angels. Winds are nothing but spirits, either good or evil. The devil sits there and snorts, and so do the angels when the winds are salubrious."
"The Biblical worldview is uncompromising: God is running the world. Every atom in the universe is under His command. His Word created and sustains in Him. That is why He can assert His power and authority in such absolute terms: But he is using Satan “prince of the air”; whom He also created, to assist Him in the restoration of His creation, among others.
Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/evilproblem.htm
37. Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the LORD commandeth it not?
38. Out of the mouth of the MOST HIGH proceedeth not evil and good.
The association of the angels with the stars suggests that the angels were created one by one, and each named, as the stars are all named, "He determines the number of the stars; he gives to all of them their names.”
Psalm 147:4 He telleth the number of the stars; He calleth them all by their names.
4. Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth, declare if thou hast understanding.
5. Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? Or who hath stretched the line upon it?
6. Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? Or who laid the cornerstone thereof;
7. When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy?
God questioned Job about his knowledge of the creation, and all the sons of God [Bene Elohim], the angels shouted for joy? (Combining form occurring in loanwords from Latin, where it meant “well”: benediction. Origin: combining form of Bene (adv.) well)
The angels belong to ranks and orders, but they are not related to one another, that is they are not a connected race as we are. The Letter to the Hebrews tells us that salvation is not offered to the angels but is reserved for the human family, for the descendants of Adam. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Bereshith.htm
09. “Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even Thy God, hath anointed Thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.”
10. And “Thou LORD, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the work of Thine hands:
11. They shall perish: but thou remained; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment; http://www.godsplan.org.uk/ethhaadham.htm
12. And as a vesture shalt Thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and Thy years shall not fail. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/earthlytabernacle.htm
13. But to which of the angels said He at any time, “Sit on (at) My right hand, until I make Thine enemies Thy footstool. (Christ) http://www.godsplan.org.uk/thesufferingsandglory.htm
14. Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them that shall be heirs of salvation.
The Inhabitants of the Spiritual Realm
Most of modern science pays little heed to anything that exists in the spiritual realm. In the first place, the scientific method limits scientific investigation to the physical world. The prevailing secular scientific world view today is that of naturalism, or scientism. Naturalism holds that only the physical world is relevant. God if He exists at all plays no role in the day by day running of the universe. At most, God could be a "First Cause," but if so, we do not need God to explain anything to us after the Big Bang begins. Or, many say that the material world is all there is, so-called spiritual truth neither does not exist nor has no relevance to the world of science. These views are radically different in comparison to a Biblical world-view. The physical world is only half of the creation, and the invisible half of creation is more permanent and substantial than the physical world.
In many ways the material world is a world of shadows, even human beings are but a shadow on this fallen earth, God has given us three score years and ten which equals 70 years. Science does its damnedest to keep us alive for even longer in nursing homes; with their damned pharmaceutical companies and pharmacists pouring out chemical drugs, and reaping in the profits, robbing our sons and daughters of their inheritance. It is all because of knowledge of thr TRUTH. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Index.htm
Job 8:9 (KJV) (For we are but of yesterday, and know nothing, because our days upon earth are a shadow):
Not only did God design the universe, He constructed it in minute detail over a period of time and then set it all in motion. Furthermore, without His moment by moment sustaining power the very atoms themselves would fly apart and the universe would go up in smoke. This is clear from statements such as
Hebrews 1:1-4 (KJV)
1. God, Who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets.
2. Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His son, Whom He hath appointed heir of all things, by Whom also He made the worlds.
3. Who being the brightness of His glory, and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down on the right of the Majesty on high;
4. Being made so much better than the angels, as He hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
Ultimately, all energy and power and life come into the physical world from the unseen spiritual world as the source, even though we do not know how to formulate scientific laws to describe the interactions between these two realms. Since science is bounded by many intrinsic limitations, the responsibility for our failure to be fully-informed and educated concerning the dual realms of creation should probably be laid at the door of the church. God's people are given the task of explaining to the world those areas of knowledge that depend upon divine revelation, subjects that are, by nature, out-of-bounds for science.
"The amazing fact which the Scripture clearly declares, but which thousands of Christians have failed to see, due to bad leadership; and poor instruction of God’s Word beginning with 2 Peter 3: 5-7 http://www.godsplan.org.uk/2%20Peter%203.htm then to Genesis; http://godsplan.org.uk/fleshage.htm and through to Revelation, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/revelation_%20revealed.htm thus the blame should be laid fairly and squarely at the doors of the Church.
The church only dispenses the milk of the Word which is the New Testament, instead of the meat of the Word which Christ himself referred to over sixty times. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/olivetdiscourse.htm Those in high places have confused the Word, but God is not the author of confusion; Satan is. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/book1.htm
Matt. 5:13-14 (KJV)
13. Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? It is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden underfoot of men.
14. Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hid.
Phil. 2:14-15 (KJV)
14. Do all things without murmurings and disputings:
15. That ye may be blameless and harmless, the sons of God, without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and perverse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world.
Whenever the church has approached the biblical pattern, righteous conditions have begun to prevail. And when it has turned from this divine pattern to rely on secondary forces it has become proud, rich and tyrannical, or worldly, weak and despised by all." (Ray C. Stedman). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_Stedman
According to the Bible, there are three levels of creation: two physical and one (the more important) spiritual.
1. Spiritual Creation (The world that then was) 2 Peter 3:5-7 (KJV)
2. Physical Creation (Gen 27)
3. Physical Creation (Adam)
2 Peter 3:5-7 (KJV)
5. For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water.
6. Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water perished.
7. But the heavens and the earth which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgement and perdition of ungodly men.
The two realms---the material and the spiritual---were "tightly coupled" before the fall and though there is still coupling between these realms it is less than it was in former times. Both spiritual and material domains of reality have become flawed, subsequent to creation, and active evil is present in both realms. Scientific observations of the physical world have been, are now, and will be, affected by happenings in the spiritual world. (Coming later) Although we may not see the causes, the effects will be there. The fall of man is accompanied by a "curse" on nature described in Genesis 3: http://godsplan.org.uk/serpentofgenesis3.htm
The effect of the curse is to reduce the fecundity, resilience and vitality of nature allowing "opportunistic" thorns and thistles and weeds to compete more successfully with crops and fruits useful to men and animals.
Genesis 1:26-28 (KJV)
26. And God said, “God said let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth over the earth.”
27. So God created man in His own image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created he them.
28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
But in Gen 2:7 (KJV) God made another man, separate from Gen 1:26 and this is the man Eve would also be made from. It is a very important point in our Jewish/Christian history, and of the twelve tribes of Israel. This man was called Adam, Hebrew: `eth hā ādhām THE MAN ADHAM, a very special man, from whose linear; Christ would come. He would be born to a virgin, Mariam and Husband Joseph of the house of Jesse, from the bloodline of David, who will be our king of the twelve tribes in the New Heavens and New Earth. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Bereshith.htm
Genesis 2:7-8 (KJV)
7. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
8. And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
Adam's sin cost him his position as Manager and Steward over the earth. God had granted this to Adam at the time of his creation,
Man's lost dominion is described in the opening chapters of Hebrews. There Jesus Christ is presented as the Federal head of a new race of men, the new Adam who will place man back again in the position of dominion over creation:
Visions, Dreams, and Revelations
Ezekiel had the clearest visions of God seen by all the prophets. As a young man in his twenties, he was carried into captivity to Babylon (along with Daniel) but was allowed to see the glory and splendour of the Holy One of Israel. He was given to know details about the long term future of the nation, and to foresee the last and greatest temple the Jews would one day build under Messiah's personal direction. Visions differ from dreams and hallucinations in the Biblical record. God sometimes spoke audibly to individuals in the Bible; at other times, He influenced men such as Joseph and Daniel by giving clear and specific guidance through dreams.
And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up,
and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.
God's last word to man is Jesus, as the opening verses of the letter to the Hebrews states. Colossians admonishes us,
Colossians 2:16-20 (KJV)
16. Let no man therefore judge you in meat or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
17. Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.
18. Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind. (Brain)
19. And not holding the Head, from Which all the body by joints and hands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.
The central theme of the epistle is the necessity of holding fast to the head. (This is of Christ) http://www.godsplan.org.uk/lifeofjesus.htm
20. Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments (Usually, rudiments. the elements or first principles of a subject) of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances.
The cultures of society, human traditions, habit patterns, and lifestyles are actually controlled to a large degree by angelic forces operating behind the scenes of the world-system. We need not, and should not, rely on visions or experiences as reliable sources of information about the unseen world. When one becomes a Christian he or she is taken out from under the satanic government of the world-system and placed under the direct rulership of Jesus Christ. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/nativityofjesus.htm
Colossians 1:13-14 (KJV)
13. Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness; and hath translated into the kingdom of His dear Son;
14. In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins. http://godsplan.org.uk/christtheredeemer.htm
It is important to note; THAT NOT ALL VISIONS COME FROM GOD. The enemy is the great counterfeiter and even has the power to accomplish signs and wonders and miracles. Hallucinations, such as those experienced by individuals on drugs, or under severe emotional stress, or deprived of sleep, are usually heightened imaginations. Many false religions and cults base their teachings on the visionary experiences of their founders. Islam was born because the "prophet" Mohammed received a vision from an angel. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Days Saints (the Mormon Church) was initiated by a supposedly divine revelation given to Joseph Smith. Demons and evil spirits and Satan himself coming "as an angel of light" are capable of counterfeiting experiences so that they appear to be coming from God when they are not. Such visions have most assuredly not come from the God who gave us the Bible. This is the importance of reading and studying the Bible so that you know instinctively who it is. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/parables.htm
Corinthians 11:12-15 (KJV)
12. But what I do, that I will do, that I may cut off occasion from them which desire occasion; that wherein they glory, they may be found even as we.
I will do what I have to do to put a halt to the occasion (a favourable opportunity or circumstance) which the false prophets and deceivers try to create to beguile us. They look and speak like us but are ravening wolves in sheep’s clothing. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/doctrineofdemons.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/paganism.htm
They may be found even as we.
13. For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
14. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
15. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works.
Genuine visions, such as those seen by Ezekiel, Daniel, the Apostle John and other Biblical writers where experiences when the seer was allowed to briefly look behind the veil into the invisible world, (into the heavenly places). They saw into that more permanent world of the Spirit. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/spiritualmaterial.htm Today, only if an experience can be confirmed by direct words from scripture can the Christian be sure what is happening is coming from God. The Christian faith is not existential, (pertaining to existence) not based on experiences or emotion, but it is grounded in a thorough and complete body of knowledge given to us in the Bible. Biblical events are historically true as well and http://www.godsplan.org.uk/thetruth.htm, not at all based upon myth, folklore or tradition which forms the backdrop of common world religions. Peter says,
1 Peter 1:16 (KJV) Because it is written, “Be ye holy; for I am holy.”
Man's lost dominion is described in the opening chapters of Hebrews. There Jesus Christ is presented as the Federal head of a new race of men who will place man back again in the position of dominion over creation:
Hebrews 2:5-10 (KJV)
05. For unto the angels hath He not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/kingdom.htm
06. But one in a certain place testified, saying, “What is man that Thou art mindful of him? Or the son of Man, that visitest Him?
07. Thou madest Him a little lower than the angels; Thou crownedst Him with glory and honour, and didst set Him over the works of thy hands:
08. Thou hast put all things to subjection under His feet.” For in that He put all in subjection under Him, He left nothing that is not under Him.
09. But we see Jesus, Who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour, that He by the grace of God should taste death for every man. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/stars.htm
10. For it became Him, for Whom are things, and by Whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the Captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/timewewereheard.htm
Verse five contains a hidden and important clue about how God governs the universe. The age which is to come is not ruled by the angels, the author says. The implication is that the age we live in, is ruled by the angels (acting on God's behalf). On this important passage Ray C. Stedman says the following,
"Some fascinating themes are introduced by this observation. It raises immediately the question, What is meant by the world to come? It can mean,
1. Life after death,
2. The future kingdom of Christ on earth (the millennium) or (3)
3. The new heavens and the new earth. Since almost nothing is said in Hebrews about life after death (9:27), (1) can be dismissed without further development for it is obviously not what he refers to in the phrase about which we are speaking. That limiting phrase probably looks back to,
Heb 1:11-12 (KJV)
11. For both He That sanctifieth and they that are sanctified are all of One: for which cause He is not ashamed to call them brethren.
12. Saying, “I will declare Thy name unto My brethren, In the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.”
This emphasises the changes which the material creation will experience: Paul, in
Ephesians 2:7 (KJV) But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter.
Speaks of "coming ages," indicating that at least two more ages lie ahead. The two which Scripture continually names;
1. Are the restored Davidic kingdom (the millennium) http://godsplan.org.uk/messianicage.htm
2. And the new heavens and the new earth. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/kingdom.htm
In several places Scripture describes the new heavens and earth as lasting forever, intimating it would be the last age yet to come. But the word world (Greek oikoumene) in 2:5 refers not to the cosmos, but to the inhabited earth, and this would strongly suggest the writer has in mind (2), the kingdom of Christ on earth. Hughes calls the world to come, "the age of the Messiah” in which the messianic promises and prophecies of old find their fulfilment." http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Orion.htm It is surely to this that Jesus refers in;
Matthew 19:28 (KJV) And Jesus said unto them, “Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed Me, in the regeneration http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of His glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
The regeneration is the making of all things new; “the coming age”: Thus referring to the future time of reward and not to the then present time of their following. The “twelve tribes of Israel” has nothing to do with the Church of the mystery as revealed in the prison epistles.
Hebrews 6:5 (KJV) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come.
Hebrews 12:22-24 (KJV)
22. But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and an innumerable company of angels.
23. To the general assembly and church of the firstborn which are written in heaven, and to God the judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
24. And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
Suggest that this kingdom is in some sense already available to those who live by faith. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/faith.htm Perhaps, we should see this new age to come as spiritually arrived, yet physically still to come. For sin will have no place in the new creation.
Revelation 11:15 (KJV) And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our LORD, and of His Christ; and He shall reign forever and ever.”
"If as this writer claims, the world to come has not been subjected to angels, but that the present age is subject to angelic governance, as Satan is the “prince of the air” and also his followers.
Deuteronomy 32:8 (KJV) When the MOST HIGH divided to the nations their inheritance, When He separated the sons of Adam He set the bounds of the People according to the number of the children of Israel.
He foreknew His purposes concerning Israel (see Gen 10:32) this was 200 years before Abraham.
Genesis 10:32 (KJV) These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood. http://godsplan.org.uk/noah.htm
The sons of Noah were Ham. Shem, and Japheth. http://www.freemaninstitute.com/RTGham.htm
Daniel 10:20 (KJV) Then said he,
Knowest thou wherefore (why) I come unto thee? And now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia (Iran) and when I am gone forth, lo, the prince of Grecia (Greece) shall come.
Which names angelic beings as 'the prince of Persia' and 'the prince of Greece,' and
Daniel 10:21 (KJV) But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things but Michael your prince.
Daniel 12:1 (KJV) And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy People: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book.
Michael is 'the great prince' who champions the people of Israel. http://godsplan.org.uk/fulltentribes.htm This concept would explain why the fallen angel called Satan is referred to as 'the god of this world' and “prince of the air” and he is permitted his control until the Lord returns http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm and the new age begins and the curse is lifted from nature. Then, too, the devil will be bound and cast into a bottomless pit for a thousand years. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/satanbound.htm
Revelation 20:2-3 (KJV)
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that serpent, which is the devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled; and after that he must be loosed a little season.
Note how these verses jump to the New Testament and then back to the Old Testament.
"This background seems to give special meaning to the quotation from Psalm 8 which the writer of Hebrews now invokes. His vague reference to his source (Greek "Someone somewhere has testified") is not due to uncertainty but to a desire to stress Scripture as speaking, not a mere human author (Bruce, Kistemaker and Hughes). David's psalm is a wondering reaction to the majesty of the http://www.godsplan.org.uk/thestarsalso2.htm as it reveals the power and wisdom of God and forces the question, what part do puny human beings play in such a universe? The answer is that we were made a little lower than the angels, but then crowned with glory and honour, and everything has been put under our feet. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/jehovah%27sword.htm This is a direct reference to.
Genesis 1:26 (KJV) And God said, “Let us make man in Our image, after Our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth over the earth.”
"Here is glory and honour (made in the image and likeness of God) and authority and power (ruling over all the earth). Some commentators take the made a little lower than the angels in a temporal sense, 'made for a little while,' to imply that human existence in this space-time continuum is only for a brief lifetime, and then we are freed to live the life of eternity. Whichever way the phrase is read, it is clear that our intended destiny was one of power and authority over all the conditions and life of earth. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/natureanddestiny%20.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/humandestinyandhistory.htm If this was our commission from the moment of creation, what light it sheds on our responsibility to care for this planet and its creatures! We were not given dominion so the earth and the animals should serve us; rather, we are given authority to develop them to the fullest extent intended by the fruitful mind of the Creator. We are to serve them by thorough knowledge and loving care, in the form of servant-leadership which the Lord himself manifested when he came.
Four Mighty Angels around the Throne
The Four Living Creatures, the Cherubim, correspond one-to-one with the four Gospels with which the New Testament opens.
All symbolize various attributes of God in four-fold symmetry. Since the number "four" is symbolic of the world in scripture, we have in the four cherubim around the throne, a picture of God's government and concern for all aspects of the physical world, and the world-system which we call "human society."
1. The Lion corresponds to the Gospel of Matthew---here Jesus is seen as the Lion out of the tribe of Judah, the rightful king, depicting God's kingly sovereignty over Israel and the nations.
2. The Ox pictures for us servitude and sacrifice Gospel of Mark;
3. The Cherubim's face, like that of a man, corresponds to the Gospel of Luke and pictures divine intelligence;
4. Eagle symbolizes the lofty sovereignty and deity of the Son of God (Gospel of John).
The four Gospels are also God's complete message to the descendants of
· Shem (East: Iran Afghanistan etc)
· Ham (North Africa)
· Japheth (Europe)
· Mankind in general, in the same order.
The "wheels" of Ezekiel (God's "chariot throne") appear to symbolize divine mobility, (the ability of God to observe, to move and to act, anywhere and at any time, unrestricted by the limitations of the material world). The entire vision seems to picture for us God's government of human affairs and of nature. Similarly, the cherubim, the highest class of the angels, are also described for us in detail by John the Apostle on the Isle of Patmos about 95AD: THE LORD’S DAY. hebrew hē kuriakē hēmera http://www.godsplan.org.uk/wheels.htm http://www.godsplan.org.uk/jehovah%27sword.htm
Revelation 1: 9-11 (KJV)
09. I John, who also am your brother, and companion in tribulation, and in the kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was in the isle that is called Patmos, for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.
10. I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s Day and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet.
11. Saying, “ I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and what thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Revelation 4:1-11 (KJV)
01. After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice I heard as it were of a trumpet talking with me, which said, “Come up hither and I will shew thee things which must be thereafter.”
02. And immediately I was in the Spirit: and behold a throne was set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.
03. And He That sat was to look upon like a jasper and a sardine stone: and there was a rainbow round about the throne, in sight like unto an emerald.
04. And round about the throne were four and twenty seats: and upon the seats I saw four and twenty elders sitting, clothed in white raiment; and they had on their heads crowns of gold.
05. And out of the throne proceedeth lightnings and thunderings and voices: and there were seven lamps of fire burning before the throne, which are the seven Spirits of God.
06. And before the throne there was a sea of glass like unto crystal: and in the midst of the throne , and round about the throne , were four beasts full of eyes before and behind.
07. And the first beast was like a lion, (Lion of Judah who is Christ) Gospel of Matthew
And the second beast like a calf, (pictures for us servitude and sacrifice) Gospel of Mark
And the third beast had a face as a man (face, like that of a man, corresponds to the Gospel of Luke and pictures divine intelligence)
And the fourth beast was like a flying eagle, (Eagle symbolizes the lofty sovereignty and deity of the Son of God (Gospel of John).
08. And the four beasts had each of them six wings about him; and they were full of eyes within: and they rest day and night, saying,
“Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, Which was, and is, and is to come. (God’s holiness proclaimed prior to judgement)
09. And when those beasts give glory and honour and thanks to Him That sat on the throne, Who liveth forever and ever.
10. The four and twenty elders fall down before Him That sat on the throne, and worship Him That liveth for ever and ever, and cast their crowns before the throne, saying,
11. Thou art worthy, O LORD, to receive glory, honour, and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created.”
Everything was created by Him, including us, so just how grateful are we? Majority are not, and this is magnified in everyday life. Verse 8 is most poignant and proclaims the judgement to come. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/jehovah%27sword.htm
THE ANGEL of the LORD
One special angel is "The Angel of the Lord" who makes a number of appearances in the Old Testament. These are believed by careful Bible scholars to be a theophany, or appearances of the Son of God, prior to His incarnation and birth in Bethlehem.
02. In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
03. I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.
04. And in the four and twentieth day of the first month, as I was by the side of the great river, which is Hiddekel;
05. Then I lifted up mine eyes, and looked, and behold a certain man clothed in linen, whose loins were girded with fine gold of Uphaz:
06. His body also was like the Beryl, and his as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lamps of fire, and his arms and his feet like in colour to polished brass, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.
07. And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw not the vision; but a great quaking fell upon them, so that they fled to hide themselves.
08. Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comeliness was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.
09. Yet heard I the voice of his words: then was I in a deep sleep on my face, and my face toward the ground.
10. And, behold, an hand touched me, which set me upon my knees and upon the palm of my hands.
11. And he said unto me, ‘O Daniel, a man greatly beloved, understand the words I speak unto thee, and stand upright: for unto thee I am now sent.’ And when he had spoken this word unto me, I stood trembling.
12. Then said he unto me, `Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thine heart to understand and to chasten thyself before thy God, thy words were heard, and I am come for thy words.
13. But the prince of the kingdom Persia (Iran) withstood me one and twenty days: but, lo, Michael one of the chief princes, came to help me; and I remained there with the kings of Persia.
14. Now I am come to make thee understand what shall befall thy People in the latter days: for yet the vision is for many days.’
15. And when he had spoken such words unto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumb.
16. And, behold, one like the similitude of the sons of men touched my lips:
17. For how can the servant of this my Lord talk with this my lord? For as for me, straightaway there remained no strength in me, neither is there breath left in me.
18. Then there came again and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthened me,
19. And said, “O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee, be strong, yea, be strong.”
20. Then said he, knowest thou wherefore (why) I come unto thee? And now will I return to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, lo the prince of Grecia shall come.
21. But I will shew thee that which is noted in the scripture of truth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.
Daniel was in Babylon at the time of the experience described above. The great angel who visited him in person was probably Gabriel. He was dispatched by God to assist Daniel but was delayed en route because of "fighting with the prince (angel) of Persia." The angel mentioned that after the warfare with the angel over Persia was ended then would come "the prince (high angel) of Greece." Here, we get a hint that angelic activity then taking place in the heavens---involving God's angels warring against the angel over Persia---was relevant to current events in Babylon. That is, the kingdom of Babylon had fallen already, Persia would soon fall as a great world power and then Greece would rise. The rise and fall of nations and kingdoms is thus linked to warfare among the angels at the highest levels. All of this warfare is of course under the sovereign direction of the Commander in Chief, Yahweh Sabaoth, the LORD of hosts. We now form subsequent human history after Daniel's time that the angel over Greece; and in the time of Alexander the Great, who came to power thereafter would be in the ascendancy.
ANGELS WORK BEHIND THE SCENES OF HISTORY
Daniel 12 records the angel responsible for Israel is Michael who would "arise" (ascend in power) at the close of the latter days’ on behalf of God's people Israel.
Associated with the rise of Michael would come the throwing down to earth of Satan and the "time of Jacob's trouble" spoken of by the prophet Jeremiah, "a time of trouble such as never has been since there was a nation till that time..." http://www.godsplan.org.uk/histroicalfacts.htm
Daniel 12:1-3 (KJV)
1. And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy People: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy People shall be delivered, everyone that shall be found written in the book.
2. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.
3. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/ethhaadham.htm
This is not the epilogue to the book. Verses 1-3 are the conclusion of the prophecy given by the hierophant (angel), which commenced at Dan 10:20
(Hierophant: A hierophant is a person who brings religious congregants into the presence of that which is deemed holy)
At that time: This fixes the end of the tribulation. Note the three subjects thus connected with “the time of the end”.
2. Thy People -: i.e. Daniel’s people, Israel. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Bereshith.htm
3. Trouble, Tribulation; shall be delivered. http://godsplan.org.uk/greattribulation2.htm
Thus, angelic activity in heaven runs parallel with events on earth though it is difficult to establish a one-to-one correspondence between events transpiring in heaven and the timing of events on earth. Satan has not yet been cast out of heaven, but Jesus foresaw this future event clearly,
Luke 10:17-20 (KJV)
17. And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, “Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through Thy name.”
18. And He said unto them, “I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.”
19. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
20. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.
But, do not delight in the spirits being subjected unto you; rather be delighted, because your names are written in heaven.
Revelation 12:7-12 (KJV)
07. And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,
08. And prevailed not, neither was there place found any more in heaven. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/book1.htm
09. And the great dragon was cast out, called the Devil and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.
10. And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now is come salvation and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of the Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.
11. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.
12. Therefore rejoice ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabitants of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.”
The New Testament also emphasises that the Christian cannot understand what is happening to him and to the world he lives in unless he takes the angelic conflict seriously. The subject deserves very careful study by every Christian. The Apostle Paul writes, “For though we live in the world [system] we [believers] are not carrying on a worldly war, for the weapons of our warfare are not worldly [carnal] but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every proud obstacle to the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ, being ready to punish disobedience, when your obedience is complete."
2 Corinthians 10:3-6 (KJV)
3. For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4. (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds ;)
5. Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ.
6. And having in a readiness to revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled.
Paul also writes clearly on this subject in the closing portion of his letter to the church at Ephesus:
The Chief of the Fallen Angels
The Bible does not explain or justify the existence of God or of the devil; the existence of evil is already clear by Genesis, Chapter 3. http://godsplan.org.uk/serpentofgenesis3.htm As the Bible unfolds, we glean more and more information about the Tempter. He first appears in Genesis as a serpent---probably a dazzlingly beautiful creature who later became identified with the snakes we all tend to dread and fear. Satan may have appeared to Eve as a "shining one"---that is, an angel of light, a subtle counterfeit of the Presence of God who came to the garden regularly to fellowship with man.
Bible scholars agree that although on the surface Isaiah 14 and Ezekiel 28 passages seem to be written about evil earthly kings, they are also figurative pictures telling us much more. Behind certain key individuals who have appeared on the world stage is a supernatural personality, an Evil Entity who controls and possesses men to varying degrees. When this "prince of the power of the air" takes full control of a Caesar, or a Hitler, or a Stalin, or a Pope Pius X111, we have what the Apostle John calls, "an antichrist."
Ultimately in history Satan will become fully incarnate in a "man of sin" (a Pope) ---THE [one, unique, and final] Antichrist. Satan's attributes can be seen in powerful and evil human rulers of the past: the King of Babylon, the King of Tyre, the Caesars, Hitler, etc. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/eviltrilogy.htm Isaiah and Ezekiel seem to be telling us about one of the Mighty Cherubim, perhaps the greatest of the archangels, who fell because of pride:
That Ancient Serpent
Satan is given a number of titles and descriptors in the Bible. He is "the prince of this world (cosmos, the world system), "the prince of the power of the air," "the god of this age (aion), "the prince of demons." "the devil," "that ancient serpent," "the great red dragon," "the evil one," "the destroyer," "the tempter," "the accuser of the brethren," "the spirit that now works in the sons of disobedience," "a liar and a murderer from the beginning," "the deceiver." Satan's actual power over the world can be seen in the offers he made to Jesus during the latter's 40 days' temptation in the wilderness, recorded in Matthew, Chapter 4. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/temptations.htm
Satan is the ruler over fallen angels, (believed to number one-third of the angelic host according to,
Revelation 12:4 And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven; and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.
He is the opposer of God's Person; the counterfeiter of truth, "the deceiver of nations”. Everything Satan does he must do by direct permission of God, as the book of Job clearly shows, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/job.htm so it is not as if there were two warring gods, one good and the other evil, (a philosophy known as "dualism"). The devil is a defeated enemy; his evil plan and power were undone by the work of Jesus at the crucifixion though we wait in our time for Satan’s final defeat and removal from the heavens and the earth by Michael the Archangel. If we look at circumstances around us it seems he is winning and gaining ground unchecked. If we open our Bibles, however, his defeat is spoken of repeatedly as an already accomplished fact. Christians have not needed to fear the devil, although we are warned by Peter,
1 Peter 5:8-10 (KJV)
08. Whom having not seen, ye love; in Whom, though now ye see Him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:
09. Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you.
These notes on the angels are brief and sketchy---the reader is encouraged to become well acquainted with all Scripture and to read classic Christian books on spiritual warfare and angelology to gain a better understanding of the role of good and fallen angels in creation. Difficult though it is for us to grasp, http://www.godsplan.org.uk/book1.htm the laws of physics are apparently not operative apart from the angels who are part of the management system of God's government of creation. Just how angelic activity affects events in the physical world is not known to science, nor is much revealed in the Bible. Actual transfer of new energy from the spiritual dimension into the physical may not necessarily be involved most of the time when angels act---since such energy transfers would most likely appear to us to be violations of the laws of conservation of energy. Such violations do not occur as far as science can detect. Another way of stating this is to say that God works within the laws of nature which He has established and most of the time does not circumvent these laws. It goes without saying that the discussion of various types of miracles is a complex subject in theology. (Theology is the systematic and rational study of religion and its influences and of the nature of religious truths)
Colossians 1:15-19 (KJV)
15. Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16. For by Him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities or powers: all things were created by Him, and for Him:
17. And He is before all things, and by Him all things consist. (Consist: To be made up or composed)
18. And He is the head of the body, the church: Who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things He may have the preeminence.
19. For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell.
The Last War: Men against God
The Bible has much to say about this final war. It begins with an invasion of the Holy Land by Egypt: The lead container and is followed by a full invasion by Syria/Russia: http://www.godsplan.org.uk/armageddon.htm
Daniel 11: 36-45 (KJV)
36. And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every GOD, and shall speak marvellous things against the God (Heb El) of gods, (Heb `ēlīm) and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.
37. Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all.
Nor the desire of women: In view of the content this must refer to any gods desired by women; such as Baaltis, Astarte, or Mylitta of the Babylonians; the Persian Artemis, or the Nanoea of the Syrians; or the “queen of heaven”
38. But in his estate shall he honour the god of forces: and a god whom his fathers knew not shall he honour with gold, and silver, and precious stones, and pleasant things.
In his estate, or in its place: The God of forces on its pedestal. God of forces, Heb Mā`uzzīm = God of forces shall he honour. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/jehosaphat.htm Thus in secret he is superstitious, though in public he exalts himself above all gods.
39. Thus shall he do in the most strongholds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule over many, and shall divide the land for gain.
He will do a deal in the strongest fortresses with whosoever acknowledges him, and he will increase and divide the land for gain, (at a price).
40. And at the time of the end shall the king of the south push at him: (Iran) and the king of the north shall come against him like a whirlwind, with chariots, and with horsemen, and with many ships. and he shall enter into the countries, and shall overflow and pass over.
Here is the start of World War 3, King of the north = NATO. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/eviltrilogy.htm
41. He shall enter also into the glorious land, (Jerusalem) and many countries shall be overthrown: but these shall escape out of his hand, even Edom, and Moab, and the chief of the children of Ammon.
42. He shall stretch forth his hand also upon the countries: and the land of Egypt shall not escape.
43. But he shall have power over the treasures of gold and silver, and over all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shall be at his steps.
44. But tidings out of the east and out of the north shall trouble him: therefore he shall go forth with great fury to destroy, and utterly to make away many.
Make away many is to devote many to extermination.
45. And he shall plant the tabernacles of his palace between the seas in the glorious holy mountain; yet he shall come to his end, and none shall help him.
And he shall spread out his tabernacles, palatial tent where he will come to his end. This could not be said of Antiochus, for he died at Tabæ, in Persia. “The wilful king” comes to his end in Judea, between Jerusalem and the Mediterranean Sea. And none shall help him, for he is smitten by God Himself. The grave does not receive him, and he is not joined with them in burial. He is cast into the lake of fire.
Ezekiel Chapters 38 and 39 (KJV) Read Both Chapters.
Other Old Testament prophets such as Joel, Isaiah, Zechariah, and Zephaniah add to our understanding of these events. The Olivet Discourse by Jesus Concentrates on these final events as they will be experienced by the Jews living in Israel at the time of the end when the Third Jewish Temple has been built, dedicated, and is functioning. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/olivetdiscourse.htm The invading Northern armies and their threat to Israel are met at first by the Western powers: sending landing forces into Israel, probably at the sea port of Haifa; from Cyprus. The armies from the North are, however, destined to be destroyed, by direct intervention of God. Nuclear warfare seems to play a part in the conflagration because "fire rains down on the coastlands" according to Ezekiel. The coastlands are the continents, where mankind spread after the Tower of Babel; confusion of languages.
Genesis 11: 7-8 (KJV)
7. Go to, let Us go down, and there confound there language, that they may not understand one another’s speech.
8. So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of the earth: and they left off to build the city.
The Coming Invasion of Jesus and His Angels
The early campaigns of Armageddon will pit the armies of earth against one another. A great horde of troops from China, Japan and the Far East will evidently join in, according to the descriptions given us in the Book of Revelation. In the later stages (coinciding with the throwing down of Satan from space to earth by the archangel Michael), the war between men on earth will apparently become a united attempt to thwart the approaching space armies of Jesus. That is, human military (communist) and political leaders under Antichrist (Abbadon) will unite to fight against Jesus returning to earth with His mighty armies of the heavenly hosts. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm Although the armies of the world meet on the Plains of Sharon (Esdraelon) in Israel to fight against one another, during the course of this terrible war their generals suddenly realize that this war is not really against one another but against the Lord of hosts and his armies:
Revelation 19:19 (KJV) And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against Him That sat on the horse, and against his army. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/fourhorses%20.htm
Viewed from earth, the returning of Jesus to earth
in a cloud of glory will no doubt be
seen by the last generation of evil men as an invasion of "enemy
aliens" from outer space. Earth's final leaders will be men who
have been fully and successfully
deceived by Satan. God is fallen man's ultimate enemy, and sad to say, most men
hate God more than anyone else in the final analysis.
Another comparison of the different timing of events as seen in heaven compared to earth is seen in
Luke 10:18 (KJV) And He said unto them, “I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.”
Jesus said, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven." This is a prophetic passage from our earthly point of view, but Jesus saw it as happening "now" in His frame of reference. As the "Great I AM", Jesus made a number of statements in the Gospel of John linking His oneness with Yahweh and His (Jesus') unique relationship with the Father. In several instances, His perception that He was fully aware of eternity (as none of us are) while He was on earth is evident from the things He said.
The return of the Shekinah Glory
Ezekiel the prophet assigned to the Jewish remnant in the Babylonian exile, saw the shining presence of the Glory of God, the Shekinah ("the cloud," or "the glory") depart from the Temple in Jerusalem just prior to its destruction. This departure occurred in stages,
Ezekiel 3:12-13 (KJV)
12 Then the spirit took me up, and I heard behind me a voice of a great rushing, saying, “Blessed be the glory of the LORD from His place”
13. I heard also the noise of the wings of the living creatures that touched one another, and the noise of the wheels over against them, and a noise of a great rushing.
Ezekiel 8:4 (KJV) And behold, the glory of the God of Israel was there, according to the vision I saw in the plain.
Ezekiel 9:3 (KJV) And the glory of the God of Israel was gone up from the cherub, whereupon He was, to the threshold of the house. And He called to the man clothed with linen, which had the writer’s linkhorn (ink horn) by his side;
Ezekiel 10:4 (KJV) Then the glory of the LORD went up from the cherub, and stood over the threshold of the house; and the house was filled with the cloud, and the court was full of the brightness of the LORD’S glory.
Ezekiel 11:22 (KJV) Then did the cherubims lift up their wings, and the wheels beside them; and the glory of the God of Israel was over them above.
This same glorious cloud, into which Jesus ascended from the Mount of Olives forty days after His resurrection, will come again, for scripture says His splendorous presence will return to open visibility before all men. After Messiah's return, the cloud will remain over the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, according to Isaiah. Ezekiel also describes the return of the Glory to Israel, as does Isaiah,
Ezekiel 43:1-12 (KJV)
01. Afterward he brought me to the gate, even the gate that looketh toward the east: http://www.godsplan.org.uk/sphinx.htm
When God returns for the second time http://www.godsplan.org.uk/secondadvent.htm it will be from the east and every eye will see Him. Matthew 24:27 (KJV) For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/thestarsalso2.htm
So tells the Pyramids of Giza aligning with Orion. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Orion.htm The Sphinx is facing directly to the east to indicate the direction Christ will arrive from; it has the face of a woman, and the body and tail of a lion (of Judah). This is called the Precession of the Equinoxes to tell us of the arrival.
02. And, behold, the glory of the God Israel came from the way of the east: and His voice was like a noise of many waters: and the earth shined with His glory.
03. And it was according to appearance of the vision which I saw, even according to the vision that I saw when I came to destroy the city: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the river Chebar; and I fell upon my face.
04. And the glory of the LORD came into the house by way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.
05. So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.
06. And I heard Him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me.
07. And He said unto me, “Son of man, the place of My throne, and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell in the midst of Israel for ever; and My holy name, shalt the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcasses of their kings in their high places.
08. In their setting of their threshold by My thresholds, and their posts by My posts, and the wall between Me and them, they have even defiled My holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in My anger.
09. Now let them put away their whoredom, and the carcasses of their kings, far from Me, and I will dwell in the midst of them forever.
10. Thou son of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities: and let them measure the pattern.
11. And if they be ashamed of all that they have done, shew them the form of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the forms thereof, and all the laws thereof: and write it in their sight, that they may keep the whole form thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and do them.
12. This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountain the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy. Behold this is the law of the house.
This is yet future, and involves the fulfilment of Ezekiel chapter 37, for Ezekiel and for the whole nation. (The twelve Tribes) Shew the house and let them measure will be the evidence, to the new nation, that all this prophecy, and Ezekiel’s part in it, is of Jehovah.
Ezekiel 37: 01-14 THE DRY BONES (KJV)
Ezekiel 37:12-14 THE QUESTION ANSWERED BY JEHOVAH (KJV)
Ezekiel 37:15-29 THE TWO STICKS (KJV)
Ezekiel 37:15-19 THE SIGN (KJV)
Ezekiel 37:20-28 THE SIGNIFICATION (KJV)
This is one of the most important, and invigourating chapters of GOD’S WORD, and should be embraced and understood fully by the readers. (Invigourating: Producing or stimulating physical, mental, or emotional vigour: bracing, energizing, exhilarant, exhilarating)
Isaiah 4:1-6 (KJV)
1. And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, “We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to takes away our reproach.”
2. In that day shall the Branch of the LORD be beautiful and glorious, and the fruit of the earth shall be excellent and comely for them that are escaped of Israel.
3. And it shall come to pass, that he that is left in Zion, and he that remaineth in Jerusalem, shall be called holy, even every one that is written among the living in Jerusalem.
4. When the LORD shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the spirit of judgement, and by the spirit of burning.
5. And the LORD will create upon every dwelling place of mount Zion, and upon her assemblies, a cloud and smoke by day, and the shining of a flaming fire by night: for upon all the glory shall be a defence.
6. And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the daytime from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and rain.
And an even more familiar passage is Isaiah 40:
Isaiah 40:1-11 (KJV)
01. “Comfort ye, comfort ye My People,” saith your God.
02. Speak ye comfortably to Jerusalem, and cry unto her, that her warfare is accomplished, and her iniquity is pardoned: for she hath received of the LORD’s hand double for all her sins.
03. The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for your God.
The voice from the temple in Chapter 6, concerning the scattering, and this voice outside the land concerning the gathering. The voice was not Isaiah’s, but heard by him in a vision. John the Baptist claims it; but this People would not hear; and He Whom he heralded was crucified and His kingdom was rejected. The King and the kingdom are therefore alike in abeyance, and the prophecy yet awaits its further fulfilment.
04. Every valley shall be exalted, and every mountain and hill shall be made low: and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough places plain.
These physical marvels are supernatural, and can never be produced by the spiritual and holy living of individual Christians.
05. And the glory of the LORD shall be revealed, and all flesh shall see it together: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
06. The voice said “Cry.” And he said, “What shall I cry?” “All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field:
07. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
08. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand forever.”
09. O Zion, that bringest good tidings, get thee up into the high mountain; O Jerusalem that bringeth good tidings, lift up thy voice with strength; lift it up, be not afraid; say unto the cities of Judah, “Behold your God!”
10. Behold, the Lord God will come with strong hand, and His arm shall rule for Him: behold, His reward is with Him, and His work before Him.
11. He shall feed His flock like a shepherd: He shall gather the lambs with His arm, and carry them in His bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.
On the basis of what is said in scripture, it is quite likely that more frequent manifestations of angels will be common among men in coming days as our world continues to collapse and the heavenly places break through into our realm of space and time. For example, the Book of the Revelation begins with a clear distinction between "things on earth" and "things in heaven"; but as the Revelation unfolds the invisible is made known to men on earth. Those days will not be a time for fear, if (and only if) one's life is entrusted into the hand of the Great Shepherd, but they will be terrible indeed for all those who continue in their unbelief. In the final days of this age we live in; the unseen will break in upon mankind in overwhelming judgments against human evil, and against fallen angels. God's New World order, His New Creation will be, at last, an answer to the most often prayed prayer in the Bible,
Matthew 6:9-13 (KJV)
09. After this manner therefore pray ye:
Our Father Which art in heaven, Hallowed be Thy name,
10. Thy kingdom come, Thy WILL be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11. Give us this day our daily bread.
12. And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil:
For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever, Amen
Concerning the end of our age, the prophet Joel has written,
Joel 2:28-30 (KJV)
28. And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out My spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
29. And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out My spirit.
30. And I will shew wonders in the heavens and in the earth, blood and fire, and pillars of smoke.