And the Little horn. One world System
Philosophy is something intermediate between Theology and Science. Like theology it consists of speculations on matters as to which definate knowledge has, so far been unascertainable; but like Science, it appeals to human reason rather than to authority, whether that of tradition or that of revelation.
· All definate knowledge belongs to Science.
· All dogma as to what surpasses definate knowledge belongs to Theology.
But between Theology and Science there is a no man’s land exposed to attack from both sides; this no man’s land is Philosophy.
This no man’s land is, in reality; everyman’s land for those searching for the truth. All the answers to every question pertaining to man is in God’s Word, The Holy Bible. Preferably the use of the (King James Version Companion Bible). As well as on this website http://www.godsplan.org.uk/Index.htm
Questions such as;
1. Who are we?
2. Where do we come from?
3. Where are we going?
4. Why are we here?
5. Why does wickedness seem to be in the ascendancy?
6. Why is Atheism and Agnosticism so rife?
7. Why have Churches lost their way?
8. Why have Governments lost their way?
9. Why have people lost their way?
10. Why have the younger Generations lost their way?
11. Why have most schools omitted Religious Education out of the curriculum?
12. The most important question is, “Who Cares”?
The answers to these and many, many more questions are all at one’s fingertips, but studying to find the answer means work, does it not? It means sacrificing some time that one would rather spend doing other things even if those other things do not reveal any answers to the above questions.
God’s Word, being side-tracked by many distractions, is just one reason; but the main reasons are ignorance, as well as deception by those in principalities, and the powers of darkness (Eph 6:12—13.)
Which is compounded by the unending dialogue of scientists hoping to make a name for one ’s self, when really they only convince other agnostics and atheists who are looking to them, for easier answers. This way they unwittingly try to alleviate any feelings of guilt and rebellion for turning their backs on God. To them everything can be explained By Math, Physics, and experiments to the detriment of everything else. If they were to be proved wrong by Gods Word, they would have to surrender their diplomacies, doctrines, and sources of income, all the earthly materialistic qualities they hang on to in the race for recognition and fame. They will write books. Make movies, TV Documentaries, C.Ds, and Websites, for a hungry populace wanting to know the truth but instead being fed a heap of hypothetical lies.
"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God. But what really makes me angry is that they quote me for the support of such views. " Albert Einstein.
"Atheism is so senseless. When I look at the solar system, I see the earth at the right distance from the sun to receive the proper amounts of heat and light. This did not happen by chance." Sir Isaac Newton.
It is not just science, but also churches that undermine God’s Word.
The letters to the Seven Churches of Asia, (Revelation) describe a range of conditions, which can be seen within different churches to differing degree throughout history. Much of the criticism which Christ levels at the churches is an indictment of the ever-present tendency to compromise with the culture.
The Bible does not hesitate to condemn worldliness for the serious sin that it is. Worldliness is any preoccupation with or interest in the temporal system of life that places anything perishable before that which is [spiritual] eternal.
Christian Liberty or Licentiousness?
When faced with such pressures, it is often easy to rationalise participation in pagan activities and reinterpret them as being compatible with the grace of God and the maturity and freedom of the believer. Christian liberty can stumble weaker brothers, and easily cross the line where we find ourselves participating in events, which are neither helpful or edifying and even border on licentiousness (1. Lacking moral discipline or ignoring legal restraint, especially in sexual conduct, having no regard for accepted rules or standards Rom. 6:1-2; Jude 1:4
The absence of heathen adversaries has caused occasion to speak already: but more noticeable still, is the fact that neither appear here; nor at the Nicolaitans, as at Ephesus, or Balaamites, as at Pergamum, or Jezebelites, as at Thyatira, or those who say they are Jews and are not (Kenites), as at Smyrna and Philadelphia; seeking to seduce Christ’ s servants, and constraining (restricting) them to earnestly contend for the truth.
The world could endure the churches at Sardis and Laodicea because they were not only in the world, but of the world. Consistent peace with the culture is a clear indication that the believer is not separated to God, but is considered one of the world’s own: )
The New Testament is full of warnings that at the end of this age there will be a great apostasy or falling away from the truth affecting the Christian Church. It is already here, and people go on living as if there were no tomorrow, instead listening to the impious words and teachings of their contemporaries which they live by because of peer pressure. In this way, they are going to be led along by the nose never understanding the real truth or ever wanting too, unless a determined effort is made to break away from such dribble, and seek the truth from reputable sources before it is too late to do anything about it. www.Godsplan.org.uk is a great place to start.
Who cares? God cares; he wants all His children to return to Him.
The Great Apostasy = The dilution of Abraham, Moses, Jacob’s and Jesus' message into a pagan 'one world religion' foretold both by Jesus himself and St Paul,
How Long the Great Apostasy?
Not many people are aware of it, but the great Apostasy of the Gentiles foretold both by Jesus and by St. Paul in the New Testament has finally come to pass. The biblical sign of its arrival has attested to this fact continually for the past 23 years. In fact, this great Apostasy has bogged the whole Church down badly. Moreover, the biblical sign of its merciful ending has not yet appeared. Jesus was the first to announce this wholesale apostasy — abandonment of the faith — by future children of Gentiles who had once had it. He alluded to it in the parable of the widow and the unjust judge, with its lesson of how we must persevere in prayer and never lose heart — even when God seems to be rejecting our prayers.
Luke 18: 1—8 parable of the widow and the unjust judge.
1. And He spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought [anything] always to pray, and not to faint;
A parable. Both parables [“The unjust judge” & “The Pharisee and the publican”] are peculiar to Luke. But it is only here that the explanation is put first.
To this end, &c. Greek pros Ap 104. Xv.3. unto. Greek pros governs three cases (the Genitive, Dative, and Accusative), and denotes to, or, toward, implying motion onward. its general meaning with the three cases is the motive—as in consideration of (with the Genitive); in addition to anything—as an act (with the Dative); with a view to anything—as an end (with the Accusative).
Compared with para, pros denotes only direction and tendency, whereas para denotes both motion and change of place of some object.
1. With the Genitive, the only occurrence is Acts 27:34.
2. With the Dative, it occurs five times: Luke 19:37. John 18:16; 20:12, 12. Rev 1:13.
3. With the Accusative, see e.g. Matt 2:12; 3:10.
to dein = to the purport that it is necessary, &c.
always = on all occasions , perversely
pray. Ap 134. I. 2. pray Greek proseuchōmai. Prefixed = to pray too; It is restricted to prayer to God in the N.T. First occurrence in Matt 5:44.
to faint = to lose heart, be discouraged, give in, or give up. Greek egkakeō
2. Saying, “There was in a city a judge, which feared [revered] not God, neither regarded man:
regarded = Greek entrepomai . Compare Matt 21:27.
3. And there was a widow 2in that city; and she came unto him, saying, ‘Avenge me of mine adversary.’
4. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, ‘Though I fear not God, nor 2regard man;
5. Yet because this woman troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest by her continual coming she weary me.’”
6. And the Lord said, “Hear what the unjust judge saith.
7. And shall not God avenge His own elect, which cry day and night unto Him, though He bear long with them?
8. I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall He find faith on the Earth?
With these words, Jesus is saying that when he comes, few people will believe in God enough to cry out to him day and night. Jesus was more specific when his apostles asked him when the temple in Jerusalem would be destroyed and the end of the world come. Jesus answered the second question first.
11. And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.
12. And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.
13. But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
14. And the gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
Here Jesus is saying that although God’s Providence will cause the good news of his Plan and New Covenant with man to be preached all over the earth, few citizens of any nation will believe and accept them. The word ‘nations’ is generally used in the Bible to mean ‘the Gentiles.’ (The 10 Tribes) But when mankind as a whole will have heard and understood —and rejected— the Gospel, then the world as we know it will be destroyed — the world, namely, which lies in the power of the evil one.
1 John 5:19; And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
16. And He gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon
17. And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, “It is done.”
18. And there were voices, and thunders, and lightning’s; and there was a great earthquake, such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great.
19. And the great city was divided into three parts , and the cities of the nation’s fell : and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of His wrath.
20. And every island fled away, and the mountains were not found.
Matthew 24. Read All.
Luke 21. Read All.
St. Paul gives further details. Since the Thessalonians erroneously thought the “end of the [corrupt] world” was going to occur shortly, and since some of them used this as an excuse to quit work and wander around lazily, sponging off their brethren, Paul had to set them straight.
1 Thessalonians 2:2-4.
2. But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.
3. For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile.
4. But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men.
19. For the earnest expectations of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20. For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of Him Who hath subjected the same in hope.
It is the day foreseen by John in an apocalyptic vision in which Jesus will appear on a “white horse” leading the armies of heaven, which are also seated on “white horses”.
11. And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse; and He That sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war.
12. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written , that no man knew, but He Himself.
13. And he was clothed in a vesture dipped in blood : and His name is called THE WORD OF GOD.
14. And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen white and clean.
15. And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fiercness and wrath of Almighty God.
16. And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
Hebrews 4:12. For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit , and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Revelation 20: 1-3
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.
On this day Satan himself will be cast out of this created world, for, John says, Before this day, however, a great apostasy must take place, as Paul told the Thessalonians. This apostasy will occur among the children of the Gentiles (10 Tribes) who have come into the Church during the time granted to them for their conversion
Romans 11:11. I say then. Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, how much more their fullness?
The sign of this time granted to the Gentiles is the fact that Jerusalem will be controlled by Gentiles until this time is over. Jesus himself tells us this:
Luke 21:24. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
.Jerusalem was in fact controlled by Gentiles from the fall of Jerusalem to the Romans in the year 67 AD, until the 1967 war between the Israelis and the Arabs, in which the Israelis conquered Palestinian territories including Jerusalem. The fact that Israel now controls the Holy City once again is the biblical sign that the time granted to the Gentiles for their evangelization and acceptance of the New Covenant is over. The great apostasy of the Gentiles, which began during the 18th century with the appearance of Freemasonry in 1717, long before 1967, is probably what brought this time granted to the Gentiles to an end. In any case the fact that Israel now firmly controls Jerusalem once again is the Biblical sign that this apostasy is now in full swing, and that the Church’s work of evangelizing the Gentiles on any large scale has now more or less come to a halt. We have only to open our eyes to see that, in fact, this is actually what is happening. We have already noted Jesus’ words that “many false prophets will arise [in those days], and many will be deceived by them; and the charity of most men will grow cold, as they see wickedness abound everywhere.” That process is gathering momentum constantly,
St. Paul writing to Timothy says,
1 Timothy 4:1. Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.
Writing again to Timothy later he says,
2 Timothy 3:1-5.
1. This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2. For man shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
3. Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good.
4. Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God.
5. Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
“Be sure of this, that in the world’s last age there are perilous times coming..
“The time will surely come, when men will grow tired of sound doctrine, always itching to hear something fresh; and so they will provide themselves with a continuous succession of new teachers, as the whim takes them, turning a deaf ear to the truth, bestowing their attention on fables instead Who can deny that this is what we are witnessing on a huge scale right now? Paul warns the Romans,
17. And if some of the branches be broken off, and thou, being a wild olive tree, wert grafted in among them , and with them partakest of the root and fatness of the olive tree;
18. Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.
19. Thou wilt say then, “The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.”
20. Well; because of unbelief they were broken off, and thou standest by faith, Be not high-minded, but fear.
21. For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest He also spare not thee.
So, we are in the midst of the great Apostasy of the Gentiles. How long will it last? Paul indicates it will last until the mass conversion of the Jews who are left — the remnant.
Romans 11:12, 25-26.
12. Now if the fall of them be the riches of the world, and the diminishing of them the riches of the Gentiles; how much more their fulness?
25. For I would not, brethren, that ye should not be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel.
26. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, “There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.
Also the Antichrist
Here John plainly contrasts the Holy Spirit of God with "that spirit of antichrist," an attitude of opposing the reality of Christ, Who Christ is, What Christ is. The antichrists that John speaks of were not people on the outside, but people who had "gone out into the world":
01. And there was given unto me a reed like a rod: and the angel stood, saying, “Rise, and measure the Temple of God, and the altar, and [record] them that worship therein.
rod = sceptre, as elsewhere in Revelation. See 2:27; 12:5; 19:15. This measuring rod is like a sceptre, and measures for destruction, not for building. See Lamentations 2:8.
and them. Read “and record them”. Fig Ellipsis Ap 6. (record = supply Ellipsis.)
02. But the court which is without the 1Temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread underfoot forty and two months.
Without = outside.
Leave = cast out. Greek ekballō, a strong term.
Holy city. See Matt 4:5.
Tread…foot. Greek pateō. All these particulars refer to an actual Temple. However, the church of God knows nothing of an altar here, of a naos, of a court of the Gentiles. All point to the Temple yet to be built in the holy city i.e. Jerusalem. This temple will be on earth, Rev 8:7—11:14 THE SECOND VISION ON EARTH.
Forty and two months = 1,260 days = 3½ years. A specific period stated in literal language. Compare verse 3. Rev 12:6, 14; 13:5. Dan7:25; 12:7. Luke 4:25. James 5:17.
03. And I will give power 1unto My two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
Give. Add “power”. Fig Ellipses.
My two witnesses. God has not specified their names; however, we know that two men are to be raised up “in that day”, endowed with wondrous powers to execute a special mission. They are called emphatically “My two witnesses”.
Prophesy. See Rev 10:11 (below) and Ap 189. 3: PROPHETS. Prophecy was one of the gifts of the Spirit, and its chief design was to comfort, exhort (Acts 15:32), and testify from the Scriptures for the edification of believers. Prophets are included in the gifts of ! Corinthians 12:28. Ephesians 4:11, and directions for the orderly exercise of their gifts are given in 1 Corinthians 14. For more see Ap 189 page 208 for those who have the Companion Bible.
A thousand…days = forty-two months, verse 2 (Above). The periods are probably synchronous.
Thousand. Rev 14:20 And the winepress was trodden without the city, and blood came out of the winepress, even unto the horse bridles, by the space of a thousand and six hundred furlongs.
Furlong. 8 furlongs = 1 mile. 1600 therefore divided by 8 = 200 miles.
& Ap 197.6. Spiritual significance of numbers
04. These are the two olive trees and the two candlesticks, standing before the God of the earth.
Two olive trees. Cp Zechariah 4:3, 11, 14.where by the same Fig (Metaphor) two persons are represented.
Of the earth Ap 129.4 gē = land, as distinct from water; or earth as distinct from heaven; or region or territory, used of one special land, or country, as distinct from other countries, in which peoples dwell, each on its own soil.
See Joshua 3:11, 13. Zech 6:5, and Cp Ps 115:16.
05. And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies; and if any man hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
Fire. Jeremiah 5:14.
06. These have power to shut heaven, that it rain not in the days of their prophecy: and have power over waters to turn them to blood, and to smite the earth with all plagues, as often as they will.
07. And when they shall have finished their testimony, the beast which ascendeth out of the bottomless pit shall make war against them, and shall overcome them, and kill them.
Finished. See 10:7 But 2in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as He hath declared to His servants the prophets.
Testimony. As in 1; 2, &c. Their testimony ended, they are at the mercy of their enemies.
beast = wild beast, see 6:8. The first mention of this terrible being, whose rise is depicted in Revelation 13.
bottomless pit. See 9:1. And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
star. The symbol of him who had already become “fallen” before John “saw”.
Isa 14:12. How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
overcome. As in Rev chapters 2 & 3.
kill. The two witnesses are on earth during Chapter 13, and the beast is on earth in Chapter 11.
08. And their dead bodies shall lie in the street of the great city, which spiritually is called Sodom and Egypt, where also our Lord was crucified.
dead bodies = corpses.
street. Greek plateia, a broad place or way, rather than “street” See Rev 21:21; 22:2.
the great city. See Jer 22:8. Jerusalem will have been rebuilt only to be again destroyed, See Isa 25:2—9.
spiritually. See 1 Cor 2:14. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Sodom and Egypt. Cp Isa 1:9—10. Ezek 16:46, 53; 23: 3, 8, 19, 27. See Ps 9:9; 10:1; and 79.
Our. The Holy Spirit thus points to the city in the plainest way.
Pope Benedict XVI becomes the first pope in 600 years to resign. Why? In a statement said to have left his inner circle incredulous, the Pope said he no longer had the mental and physical strength to run the church, which has an estimated 1.2 billion followers – including 850,000 in Scotland – and would leave on February 28 after just less than eight years.
Cp Luke 10:18 And He said unto them, “I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven.”
Lightning = (flashes of light seen in the sky when there is a discharge of atmospheric electricity in the clouds or between clouds and the ground, usually occurring during a thunderstorm) However in this case (see image above) there was no evidence of a thunderstorm.
The Vatican said it hoped to have a successor in place in five weeks' time. A new Pope could be elected by Palm Sunday on March 24 and be ready to take over by Easter, one week later. Spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said even Pope Benedict's closest aides did not know what he was planning, adding that the pontiff did not intend to influence the decision of the cardinals who will enter a secret conclave to elect a successor.
The last Pope to step aside was Pope Gregory XII, who resigned in 1415 amid a schism (break-up) within the Church.
Could we be witnessing the falling to earth (pictured above) of Luke 10:18 to install the False Prophet, Abaddon, Peter the Roman, The Antichrist. Pope Pius XIII? We have only a few weeks to wait for confirmation. The prophecies are happening as predicted and will even escalate (to become or cause something to become greater, more serious, or more intense) over the next fourteen years.
09. And they of the people and kindreds and tongues and nations shall see their dead bodies three days and an half, and shall not suffer their bodies to be put in graves.
Kindreds = tribes as Rev 1:7.
Shall see = see, Ap. 133. I. 5 Greek. blepō = to have the power of seeing, to use the eyes, to look at; used of the act of looking, even though nothing be seen. Hence, to observe accurately and with desire; used of mental vision, and implying more contemplation than horaō No 8.
Three days and an half. A literal period.
Graves = a tomb, a word destructive of interpretations of the two witnesses as the O.T. and N.T.
10. And they that shall dwell upon the 4earth shall rejoice over them, and make merry, and shall send gifts one to another; because these two prophets tormented them that dwelt on the earth.
send. Ap 174.4. Sent Greek pempō. = to send (especially with an escort), the sender accompanying those sent2. See Luke 7:3 (where No 1, above, is used), and verse 6 (where pempō is used).
1 See John 20:22: “as the Father hath sent (No1) Me, even so, send I (No 4) you.”
2 See note above, where pempō is thus emphasised.
Tormented see Rev 9:5 And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but 4that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a 4man.
“Torment” is especially connected with demons.
Five months. Cp the fixed periods of Num 11:19—20. 2 Sam 24:13; where the term is taken literally, as it should be here also. The period of locusts is five months: May—September.
11. And after three days and an half the spirit of life from 1God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
Spirit of life = breath of life. Greek pneuma Ap 101. II. 6. Man (psychologically), pneuma being imparted to man, making him “a living psuchē” (which = “a living soul”, or being, as in Gen 2:7 (Heb eth ha adham, Psalm 104:29—30. Ecc 12:7). When taken back to and by God, man, without pneuma, becomes, and is called “a dead soul” in each of the thirteen occurrences it is rendered in the A.V. “dead body”, &c.
Ap 13 Nephesh is used of the lower Animals and Man in seven passages, and rendered [translated] in three different ways.
1. “Creature” Gen 9:15—16.
2. “the life” “Leviticus 17:11, 14. 14:14.
3. “soul” Numbers 31:28.
Note the word Nephesh, and how it is used of us in this fallen earth.
Fell. Greek piptō. The texts read the strong word epipiptō, indicating a paralysing fear.
Saw. Ap 133. I.11. See theōreō = to be a spectator of, or gaze at, or on as a spectacle. Out English word, “theatre” is from the same root. Hence, it is used of bodily sight, and assumes the actual presence of the object on which the gaze is fixed, and that it is a continued and prolonged gaze.
12. And they heard a great voice 11from 6heaven saying 1unto them, “Come up hither.” And they ascended up to 6heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
Cloud. See Acts 1:9.
13. And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and 12in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the 1God of 6heaven.
No comment is necessary here, only to add, what it disparagingly takes to turn men back to God; this verse expresses it all.
14. The second woe is past;
and behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
Second. One of the three in Rev 8:13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, “Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the 5earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to 6sound!”
Note the significance of the two numbers of this verse.
Cometh = is coming.
Ib3 (page1883). REV 11:15—19 THE THIRD VISION IN HEAVEN. (Alternation)
Ib3 A | 11:15-. The sounding of the seventh trumpet in heaven.
B | a | -15-. Great voices in heaven.
b | -15. Their utterance.
B | a | 16. The twenty-four elders.
b | 17,18. Their utterance.
A | 19-. The opening of God’s Temple in heaven.
15. And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices 12in 6heaven, saying, “The kingdoms of this world have become the kingdoms of our LORD, and of His Christ; and He shall reign forever and ever.”
Seventh angel. This seventh trumpet embraces the seven vials, or seven plagues, which make up the third woe, and reaches on to Rev 18:24, if not Rev 20:15.
Kingdoms. The texts read “kingdom”, i.e. sovereignty.
World. Ap 129. 1 world. kosmos = the world as created, ordered, and arranged. Hence it is used in the LXX for the Hebrew word rendered “ornament”, it denotes the opposite of what man calls “chaos”, which God never created.
He…ever. See Exodus 15:18. Ps 146:10.
For…ever See Rev 1:6
16. And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell 11upon their faces, and worshipped 1God.
Seats = thrones.
Fell, &c. See Rev 4:10.
17. Saying, “We give Thee thanks, O LORD 1God Almighty, Which art, and wast, and art to come; because Thou hast taken to Thee Thy great power, and hast reigned.
Almighty = The Almighty See Rev 1:8.
18. And the nations were angry, and Thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead that they should be judged, and that Thou shouldest give reward unto Thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear Thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the 4earth.”
Is come = came. See Isa 26:20—21.
Judged. Ap 122.1 Krinō = to judge, used of a legal or other decision; generally translated “judge”, sometimes “determine”. “conclude” &c. See Rev 20:12—15. John 5:24. Rom 8:1.
Saints. This special term for O.T. saints is found in Dan 7:18, &c. See Acts 9:13.
Destroy = are destroying. They are found in Chapters 18, 19, 20.
19. And the Temple of God was opened 12in 6heaven, and there was seen in His Temple the ark of His testament: and 13there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.
Great hail. Corresponds with Rev 16:27.
14. And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,
15. To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord:
Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
1 John 4:1-4 KJV "Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world"
Again and again, John speaks of "antichrist" as a falling away:
2 John 1:6-8 KJV “And this is love, that we walk after His Commandments. This is the Commandment, that, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it. For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward."
The apostle Paul spoke of antichrist, not using that word, but what he was describing was exactly the same as John. Paul's reference to it was however more prophetic; Paul spoke of the age-old antichrist movement that will be led, in the time just before Christ's return, by "the lawless one," an individual that has often been referred to as "the antichrist" because the antichrist movement will reach its peak under his leadership and control. He can, for that reason, be accurately and correctly called "the antichrist," but there will be many antichrists then, just as there have always been.
The two great prophecies of “the End of the age”
Matthew 24 Read all chapters.
Chillingly: "the antichrist" that Paul speaks of, as John did, is someone who has "fallen away," someone who knew the Truth, who lived the Truth, but who not only falls away from the Truth, he becomes a deadly enemy of the Truth. He won't be a life-long pagan; he will be someone who was once a brother, who through a "falling away" will become a wicked traitor to the Truth. He will commit treason, not to a country, but to God. And there is nothing more politically or religiously despicable than a traitor, a man who turns on his own people.
The "antichrist" is described as a product of "a falling away," not a heresy (i.e. "any opinion or doctrine at variance with the official or orthodox position"),
Nevertheless, an outright apostasy (i.e. a state of having rejected and abandoned a religious belief"). In the end, upon Christ's return, he will be "cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone"
Revelation 19:20. And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.
1. And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John His brother. and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
After six days. The Transfiguration (See Ap 149 link below) is dated in all three Gospels (Mark 9:2. Luke 9:28). It was thus connected with the first mention of His sufferings and death Matt 16:21; 17:9, 12), and would counteract any doubts that the disclosure might give rise to. By it, the glory is connected with the sufferings, as it always is, and it gives a glimpse of His coming. (2 Peter 1: 16—18).
Peter, &c. These three were with Him at the raising of Jairus’s daughter (Mark 5:37), and in Gethsemane (Matt 26:37).
An high mountain. Not the traditional “Tabor”, for it was then inhabited, with a fortress on the top, according to Josephus. More probably Hermon.
2. And was transfigured before them: and His face did shine as the sun, and His raiment was white as the light.
Transfigured. Greek metamorphoomai = to change form.
This link portrays the second coming of our Lord. However, you must understand that we cannot inherit the Kingdom of God still covered in the flesh of the fallen earth because we would no longer be considered sinners. We will revert to our spiritual bodies (dead and living) on our Lord’s return; to afford entry into the Kingdom. The flesh body will revert to “dust from whence it came”. Study 1 Corinthians 15.
1 Corinthians 15:50. Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of 9God; neither doth corruption inherit 42incorruption.
Flesh and blood. Matthew16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
Cannot = are not able to.
Ap 114 the kingdom (or Sovereignty) of God.
1. Has God for its ruler;
2. It is in heaven over the earth;
3. It is unlimited in its scope;
4. It is moral and spiritual in its sphere;
5. It is inclusive in its character (embracing the natural and spiritual seeds of Abraham ”the heavenly calling”, and the “Church” of the Mystery). Hence.
6. It is universal in its aspect;
7. It is (in its wider aspect) the subject of the New Testament revelation;
8. And will be eternal in its duration.
1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the 47earthy, we shall also bear the image of the 48heavenly. [Spiritual]
image. Greek eikōn. See Romans 1:23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things.
Acts 2:27 Because Thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt Thou suffer Thine holy One to see corruption.
Leave = forsake, or abandon. Greek enkataleipo, Always translated “forsake” except here and Rom 9:29.
Cast down kataballō.
JB (p1833) Revelation 21:1—22:5 THE PEOPLE ON THE NEW EARTH.
JB A | 21:1—2. Visions (heaven and earth, &c).
B | 21:3—8. Voices.
A | 21:9—22:5. Visions (the bride).
Revelation 21 (KJV) http://godsplan.org.uk/futurekingdom.htm
01 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
02 And I John saw the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
03 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, ‘Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself shall be with them, and be their God.’
04 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. http://www.godsplan.org.uk/earthlytabernacle.htm
05 And He that sat upon the throne said,, Behold, I make all things new.’ And He said unto me, ‘Write: for these words are true and faithful.’
06 And He said unto me, ‘It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.’
07 ‘He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be My son.’
08 ‘But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.’
09 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, ‘Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.’
10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God,
11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal;
12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel:
13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates.
14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb.
15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof.
16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal.
17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel.
18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass.
19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald;
20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolyte; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst.
21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass.
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.
25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.
26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.
27 And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.
Revelation 22:5 KJV
01. And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. (Water = TRUTH)
02 In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.
03 And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and His servants shall serve Him:
04 And they shall see His face; and His name shall be in their foreheads.
05 And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.
John 6:65 (KJV) And He said, “Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto Me, except it were given unto Him of my Father.”
Many of His disciples went back. i.e., apostatised, of whom our Lord had said previously.
John 6:67 (KJV) Then said Jesus unto the twelve, “Will ye also go away?”
Therefore apostasy pertains to unbelief. Apostasy denotes a backsliding from God. This may happen in various ways according to the different kinds of union between man and God.
1. For, in the first place, man is united to God by faith http://www.godsplan.org.uk/faith.htm.
2. Secondly, by having his will duly submissive in obeying His commandments.
3. Thirdly, by certain special things pertaining to supererogation (the act of performing more than is required by duty, obligation, or need) such as the religious life, the clerical state, or Holy Orders.
Now if that which follows be removed, that which proceeds, remains, but the converse does not hold. Accordingly a man may apostatize from God, by withdrawing from the religious life to which he was bound by profession, or from the holy Order which he had received: and this is called apostasy from religious life of Orders. A man may also apostatize from God, by rebelling in his mind against the Divine commandments: and though man may apostatize in both the above ways, he may still remain united to God by faith.
But if he give up the faith, then he seems to turn away from God altogether: and consequently, apostasy simply and absolutely is that whereby a man withdraws from the faith and is called apostasy of perfidy (betrayal). In this way apostasy, simply so called, pertains to unbelief. http://godsplan.org.uk/atheistsonreligeon.htm